I haven't the foggiest idea what a blog is. I never learned how to type. So
this is a true work in progress. But we can't hang out on the patio any more,
so what the hell.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've starting doing some rummaging around the NY Times archives - they go back into the 1850s - and have been absolutely amazed at the infinite amount of material waiting to be rediscovered. I thought I'd share a couple of my early Chic-a-Lac related finds. First, I came across the 1953 obituary notice for Rachel Meltzer, mother of Elaine Rattner, Carl, and Faye Posner, and of course Rocky and Ronni's grandmother. Click on the thumbnail image below to view it in its original form. As Roy knows, one of my favorite activities is poking around the internet to see what dirt I can find on him. Seriously, Roy is an easy subject because he has left so many historical "footprints" during his incredibly lustrous, lengthy and varied career. What I found was a quote in an obituary of a friend of his, a gentleman named Henry Laskau, who died in May, 2000. While I'm always happy to see Roy's name in print, I found the details of Mr. Laskaus' life fascinating, and I thought I'd share them with you. Again, click on the thumbnail below to read the full article. Speaking of "finds". I am putting together a post based on a discovery I made that will surprise and delight everyone. Check back in a few days.......